Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Documentary"

In order to document something, you should have prepared with questions that you want to find out ragarding particular issues that you are eager to know about. However, how to document some issues by only photograph them without any words delivered? Should I photograph things regarding the issues that I want to show from my perspective? or photograph what viewers want to see? Perhaps that's the hardest part to document something, especially when the things that people want to know and want to see are different from what I want to show and what I want to tell.

For the sensitive issues regarding gender and identity issues always have been controversial over the centuries. So many people documented regarding these issues, but people always keep their first judgments on these issues, and not many of them changed their judgments or thoughts toward positive side of the issues. If they understood people with gender issue at the first time, then they keep their understanding toward those people with gender issue till last, however most of people who never accepted the idea of people with gender issue, they are not allow themselves to change their negative feelings toward people with gender issue to positive.

Since I want to document regarding transgender issue, I want to document what I want to show rather than what people want to know. In this way, I will be very excited to document regarding the transgender issue although it will be definitely controversial. I want to show pros and cons for being transgendered and the reason why they have to become opposite sex. Also I want to document them as one of as "person", not as "transgendered" person.

No comments:

Post a Comment